One of Boston's best known chefs is now planning to open his first restaurant in Boston. Ming Tsai of Blue Ginger in Wellesley has been beamed into households across America thanks to appearances on Iron Chef and on his own show Simply Ming, but if you wanted to taste his food, you had to trek out to the burbs. Not for long. Rumors that Tsai was Boston-bound were first reported by Grub Street, and have now become cold, hard fact. Yesterday the Herald said that Tsai is in meetings about opening a restaurant in what was once the A Street Deli near the future site of a huge, new apartment tower, as reported earlier. The Globe shares one major additional detail, saying that Tsai's sophomore restaurant will be Chinese. But will it serve mushroom coffee?
Update: Leah Mennies of Boston Magazine tweets that the restaurant will not necessarily be Chinese after all. [Twitter]
· It's true: Fort Point + Ming Tsai = new restaurant [GS]
· Ming Tsai to bring zing to Seaport [BH]
· Ming Tsai opening a new place in Fort Point [BG]
· Ming Tsai plans to open a new restaurant in Fort Point [BRT]
· All coverage of Ming Tsai on Eater [~EBOS~]