Davis Square's Kickass Cupcakes is now expanding beyond Davis Square to a new space by the Armory that was formerly the chocolate tarte. Owner Sara Ross tells Eater that the company has outgrown its original space at 378 Highland Ave, which until now served as both a store and a bakery and included the adjacent Dairy Bar, emphasizing local dairy products like glass bottles of milk from the hundred-year-old Shaw Farm.
The Davis Square retail space will continue to sell its decadent creations with the Dairy Bar now moving into the same space and the bakery part of the operation heading to the new spot, further down Highland Ave at 199C, which is right by the upcoming M.F. Dulock Pasture-Raised Meats. Ross plans to also sell cupcakes at the new location and hopes to do so by next week.
· All coverage of Kickass Cupcakes on Eater [~EBOS~]
· All cupcake coverage on Eater [~EBOS~]
· M.F. Dulock Pasture-Raised Meats to open in Somerville [~EBOS~]
· The chocolate tarte in Somerville has closed [~EBOS~]
· Kickass Cupcakes to open bakery in former chocolate tarte spot [SS]