The tiny East Boston restaurant Rosticeria Cancun has been heavily damaged by a fire that the Boston Fire Department responded to at about 5am this morning. According to UniversalHUB, damages are estimated at $100,000. The fire department tweeted "tight quarters" just before busting out the roof saws to extinguish the Maverick Square eatery. No injuries were reported and at the time of the most recent tweet the cause was still being determined.
Just over a week ago Bocca Buono Pizzeria in Allston was destroyed by a fire, as was the Teele Square restaurant Kee Kar Lau last October. Fire is also the reason (well, one of the reasons) that Olives has been shuttered for almost two years, and it was a 2009 fire that took out El Pelon Taqueria, Thornton’s Fenway Grille and Rod Dee Thai Cuisine II in Fenway's Restaurant Row, all of which have since reopened, though Sorento’s Italian Gourmet, Umi Japanese Restaurant, and Greek Isles Restaurant have not.
· Big fire in tiny restaurant [UniversalHUB]
· Boston Fire Dept. [Twitter]
· Bocca Buona Pizzeria destroyed in fire [-EB-]
· Teele Square Restaurant Kee Kar Lau destroyed in fire [-EB-]
· Todd English's Olives in Charlestown close to reopening [-EB-]
· Rod Dee Thai Cuisine II survives trial by fire [-EB-]
· Thornton's Fenway Grille [-EB-]