The last we heard about Morton's was that it was considering a move to a former Borders locations. The next update we received from Boston Restaurant Talk was that after 24 years, the restaurant had closed. An article on Jacksonville.com says that the chain has also closed locations in Florida, D.C., Phoenix, Atlanta, Virginia and NYC. Indeed, the Back Bay location has been stricken from the Morton's website, though the company's snazzier Seaport location remains.
BRT also reports that the Allston Diner is now open for business. The restaurant's website says it's now serving breakfast all day (well, till 5pm). They also serve a brisket platter, fried chicken sandwich, mac n' cheese with broccoli and bacon and a vegan white bean and lentil burger. And of course, chicken and waffles.
· Morton's may move into former Back Bay Borders [-EB-]
· Morton's Steakhouse in Boston's Back Bay has closed [BRT]
· Morton's The Steakhouse has closed [Jacksonville.com]
· The Allston Diner has opened [BRT]
· Allston Diner [Official Site]