Chris Schlesinger opened the East Coast Grill in Inman Square back in 1985. Last month, Grub Street shared a rumor that he might be selling it to two members of his staff: chef Jason Heard and general manager Robin Greenspan. People, especially people who like to ingest near-poisonous levels of capsaicin, started freaking out. Globe food critic Devra First brought them a binky, saying that the sale would be perfectly natural. Now, Boston Restaurant Talk reports that the natural process appear to be underway.
BRT noticed on the City of Cambridge website that Schlesinger, aka "holder of the all alcoholic beverages as a restaurant license," is applying to transfer the license. The receiving party is listed as an entity called Three Initials, Inc. and Jason Heard and Robin Greenspan are indeed listed as "proposed officers/directors/shareholders" along with James Lozano. The hearing for the application is on February 7th.
· All coverage of East Coast Grill on Eater [-EB-]
· Massachusetts public notices [Official Site]
· Transfer of license in the works for East Coast Grill [BRT]
· Is Chris Schlesinger selling the East Coast Grill? [Grub Street]
· Changes at East Coast Grill? [Boston.com]