The Davis Square location of the Joshua Tree is temporarily closing, starting yesterday and going through December 26. Why? For a "makeover," says the bar's website. According to an announcement posted there, here are five changes to expect:
· "Updated décor" including "fresh paint and new open layout."
· "Custom art pieces" plus a new mural.
· A big, new HD projector screen and upgraded sound system.
· A new tap line with "32 tap custom draft towers."
· A "happy hour" menu with "small plates and discounted classic menu items" (quotations on "happy hour" because of course that's technically illegal here).
So more of a facelift and sprucing up than a major overhaul. The announcement also notes that a new menu was recently introduced. In other Joshua Tree alterations, back in April the Joshua Tree in Allston became the Joshua Tree once again after a stint as Barley Hall. That location recently had the dubious distinction of being included on a list of the 25 "douchiest" bars in Boston.
· Joshua Tree Somerville [Official Site via Somerville Patch]
· The Joshua Tree to Davis Square: don't forget about us [GS]