Household-name chef Mario Batali recently announced his plans to open his first Boston restaurant, Babbopizzeria, and now the Herald reports an actual address for the venture. An industry insider previously told Eater that the restaurant would open in the Fort Point/Seaport District vicinity, and that indeed appears to be the case, with the Herald pinning the location at 320 Summer St, not far from Barbara Lynch's triumvirate of Menton, Sportello and Drink. The space is reported to be 6,500 square feet - so, big - and a former warehouse. The Seaport has been blazing hot restaurant property for some time now, but the area has now officially kicked into turbo gear, attracting its biggest names yet.
In addition to Batali's new restaurant, this part of town is also slated to become home to Blue Dragon by Ming Tsai, a 6,000 square foot restaurant with a yet-unnamed celebrity chef at 381 Congress St., a venture including Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian plus local favorites like the DiBiccari brothers' Tavern Road, which is hoping for January opening, and a new French restaurant from the owner of Mistral.
· Chef Batali baking up Seaport pizzeria plan [BH]
· Yes, Mario Batali is opening a Boston restaurant [~EBOS~]
· Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian is headed for the Seaport [~EBOS~]
· All coverage of Blue Dragon on Eater [~EBOS~]
· All coverage of Tavern Road on Eater [~EBOS~]
· Expect a big new Seaport restaurant with a celebrity chef [~EBOS~]
· Lucky Fort Point now also getting a French restaurant [~EBOS~]