[Photos: Ben Rose Photography / Rolando Diaz]
This week, at the Atlanta and Miami installments of the GREY GOOSE® Punch Wars—a nine-city tour pitting expert mixologists up against each other to create the ultimate punch, utilizing the full GREY GOOSE® Vodka portfolio—Tom McGuire (of Atlanta's Prohibition) and Josh Gates (of Fuku in West Palm Beach) took crowns in their respective cities with their winning punch recipes. The Punch Wars have one more stop in LA before all of the winners meet at the final battle in Miami.
We've got the recipe for McGuire's L'Orange Pomme Punch and Gates' Loosy Goosey Pearsuasian, after the jump. Be sure to stay tuned for more event coverage and winning recipes. And don't forget to check out the video tutorials and recipes from the GREY GOOSE® Punch collection.
GREY GOOSE® L'Orange [750 mL]
prosecco [750 mL]
raw sugar [6 oz]
orange peels [2 whole]
lemon peels [1 whole]
fresh squeezed lemon juice [6 oz]
fresh pressed apple cider [10 oz]
cloves [15 whole]
ground nutmeg [1 tsp]
Cinnamon sticks [for grating and garnish]
lemon [1 whole cut into wheels]
orange [1 whole cut into wheels]
1. In serving vessel or punch bowl, add raw sugar and muddle orange and lemon peels, making an oleo-saccharum.
2. Add lemon juice, GREY GOOSE® L'Orange, apple cider, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir well to dissolve sugar.
3. Add lemon and orange wheels and allow to chill for 2 hours.
4. Before serving, add ice, then prosecco to bowl.
5. When serving, garnish with fresh ground cinnamon over top of each glass and top with a cinnamon stick.
Loosy Goosey Pearsuasian:
GREY GOOSE® La Poire [30 oz]
limoncello [18 oz]
pear juice [12 oz]
lime juice [8 oz]
simple syrup [8 oz]
ginger beer [36 oz]
Kaffir lime leaves [¼ lb]
Bosc pear [1 diced]
1. Muddle pear, kaffir lime leaf, and 6 oz limoncello.
2. Shake and strain with fine mesh strainer, set aside.
3. In a punch bowl, combine GREY GOOSE® La Poire, remaining limoncello and limoncello mixture, pear juice, lime juice, and simple syrup.
4. Stir, add ice, and top with ginger beer.
5. Garnish each glass with a small sphere of Asian pear (scoop with a melon baller) and mint leaf on a pick or spear. Serves approximately 25.