At long last, it seems Shake Shack is Boston bound. Rumors about the Boston invasion of the international, NYC-based retro fast food franchise famous for its burgers and lines have been circulating since 2009 when the New York Times reported a possible Boston Common opening. That news prompted the parochial Universal Hub to declare the plan "a load of frappe." The latest word comes from the restaurant news segment of the Phantom Gourmet show on WTKK, via Boston Restaurant Talk, who tuned in to hear the Andelman brothers leak a rumor from "someone in the real estate industry" that Shake Shack may be coming to Chestnut Hill. New York... Dubai... Brookline!
· Is The Shake Shack Coming to Chestnut Hill? [Boston Restaurant Talk]
· New York burger stand on Boston’s seafood turf? [New York Times]
· Shake Shack on the Common? What a load of frappe [Universal HUB]
· Shake Shack coverage from Eater NYC [- ENY-]
· Shake Shak coverage from Eater National [-E-]